There are 70+ over 55 active adult communities in Palm Beach County, Florida. Each one has its own flavor. Some are more than 1,500 homes and some are under 200 homes. Some are older, some have more amenities than others. Some offer a combination of Single Family Homes, Villas, Coach Homes and Condos while others offer Single Family Homes only. Prices ranges from below $60,000 to over $600,000. Some communities are more warm and welcoming than others but all in all, they all offer advantages for those over the age of 55.
Things that most Over 55 Communities have in common are:
- There is no school taxes
- Almost all residents have their ages in common (Over 55)
- Almost all of the communities offer amenities and clubs that present a variety of activities to suit just about anyone’s needs
- Most Over 55 Communities have clubhouses, pools, tennis courts, card and billiards rooms, arts and crafts and clubs galore.
Here are some of the Advantages:
1. Living in a close community allows us to get to know our neighbors well and to socialize and create new friendships.
2. We enjoy a diversity of people, where they’re from, their backgrounds and professions. We have a mix of of persons from all walks of life.
3. We can do it all in one place. In addition to all of the amenities, there are also multiple clubs and groups to join, everything from ballroom dance lessons to Zumba, from writing to arts and crafts, from card games and billiards to mens and womens clubs plus many other choices. Engage in all that you want and say no to those you don’t. Everybody understands and if your answer is no, it’s no big deal.
4. Maintenance Free Living plus security is a wonderful thing. Whether we decide to go on vacation or stay home and relax, it’s nice knowing that everything around us is being taken care of and protected. Common areas and individual properties look great and the best thing is that we don’t have to do the work.
5. At this stage of our lives, it’s all about us. Whether retired, working part or full time, there is plenty to do. I for one am still working full time. The times I’m not working, I can either involve myself in activities that I enjoy or I can decide to just relax. Whichever I decide, it’s all good.
If you’re over 55 consider an Over 55 Lifestyle… You Deserve It.
If you want a hard copy of this article, you can right click on the picture below and save it to your computer or simply Print it out.