As reported in the Jan. 15 edition of the Palm Beach Post, Palm Beach County leads the nation in home value appreciation. When home prices plummeted, Homes in Active Adult Communities plummeted also although not quite as bad as in All Age Communities.
Now that home prices are on the rise plus the fact that we’re in the middle of Active Adult Community season, the activity in Over 55 Communities home sales price increases is very evident.
If you’ve been sitting on the fence trying to wait for the right time to buy, that time is NOW. The longer you wait the more money you home will cost. In addition to the price increases, Active Adult Community homes are selling faster. As reported in previous posts, the days on market statistic is also being reduced.
Here are the statistics from our previous post comparing:
Dec 2010 thru Nov 2011 to Dec 2011 thru Nov 2012
| HOMES FOR SALE|
A decrease of 15,922 homes – Down 14.25%
| HOMES SOLD|
An increase of 941 homes – Up 7.4%
| AVERAGE SALE PRICE|
An increase of $12,000 – Up 3.5%
The following trends have been shown over the past 2 years
- The number of homes for sale decreased in 19 of the past 24 months
- The Selling Price to List Price ratio went from 89.25% to 91%
- The Days on Market decreased by 3.9%
This web site offers several ways to search for homes. You can search:
- · Active Adult Community Homes by Community
- · Active Adult Community Homes by Price Range
- · Active Adult Communtiy Homes by Year Built.
- . Active Adult Ocean and Intracoastal Views
Need to know More? Call Candace or Joel (The Harelik Team) for more information.