October 1, and the 55+ active adult communities snowbird season has started early and fast and furious. Many snowbirds wanted to be in their Florida winter home for the High Jewish Holidays.
Snowbird season means:
- Getting together with old friends
- More social gatherings
- Taking twice as long to get to where you’re going
- Waiting twice as long to be seated in a restaurant
- Golf tee times and Tennis reservations are out the window.
That being said, we love having them come and vice versa. That’s part of the 55+ Active Adult Communities lifestyle that we’ve grown to know and love.
The cycle of many active adult snowbirds is that they
- Initially purchase their Florida home as a winter getaway
- Eventually decide to stay a little more than 6 months to take advantage of tax benefits.
- For many snowbirds, the year round golf and tennis is the drawing card for their permanent move to The Sunshine State. They also realize that their children and grandchildren are only a plane ride away.
Florida is one of the few states that has 5 seasons.
Want to know more about the 55+ active adult lifestyle?
Contact “The Harelik Team”
That is our specialty.