With more than seventy 55+ active adult communities in Palm Beach County, Florida, it’s interesting that each one has its own flavor. There are variations in size, year built, amenities and clubs. Some have more than 2,000 homes and some have just over 100 homes. Some of the communities are older and some of them have more amenities than others. Some offer a combination of Single Family Homes, Villas, Coach Homes and Condos while others offer Single Family Homes only. Prices ranges from below $60,000 to over $600,000. The ages of the communities vary from the late 1970 right up to today. The personalities of each of the communities are varied. Some are more warm and welcoming than others but all in all, they offer advantages for those over the age of 55.
Things that most Over 55 Communities have in common are:
- A reduction in school taxes
- Residents share a common age group. (Over 55)
- Most all of the communities have amenities and clubs that offer a variety of activities.
- 55+ Active Adult Communities have clubhouses, pools, tennis courts, card and billiards rooms, arts and crafts and clubs galore.
Advantages of the 55+ lifestyle include:
- Living in a 55+ community as opposed to an all age community allows us to get to know your neighbors, to socialize and to create new friendships.
- Enjoying a diversity of people, where they’re from, their backgrounds and professions. There is a mix of of persons from all walks of life.
- Do it all in one place. In addition to all of the amenities, there are also multiple clubs and groups to join. You’ll enjoy everything from ballroom dance lessons, Zumba, Golf, Tennis, Writing, Arts and Crafts, card games, billiards mens and womens clubs plus many other choices. Of course you can lounge out by the pool Engage in all that you want and say no to those you don’t. Everybody understands and if your answer is no, it’s no big deal.
- Maintenance Free Living plus security is a wonderful thing. Whether we decide to go on vacation or stay home and relax, it’s nice knowing that everything around us is being taken care of and protected. Common areas and individual properties look great and the best thing is that we don’t have to do the work.
- For those that are 55+, it’s all about you. Whether retired, working part or full time, there is plenty to do. I for one am still working full time. The times I’m not working, I can either involve myself in activities that I enjoy, socialize or I can decide to just relax. Whichever I decide, it’s all good.
If you’re over 55 consider an Over 55 Lifestyle…
Want to know more?
Contact The Harelik Team